Originally Posted by rost495
With the right AR and the right ammo and bullets, thats possible shooting, have done the same more than a few times myself with irons. MOA isn't that hard and you get lucky now and then and get sub MOA with irons too. SOmewhere if I could find it I have a 6 inch spotter disc that has 17 holes in it out of 22 shots, thats where you move the spindle to the last shot hole every time thats in the center of the 6 inch disc... that was only 900 though, but irons and an AR15.

Not hitting a 10 foot target at 1000 with a scoped rifle, I wouldn't have admitted that. LOL.

That is what happens when a friend calls you up and asks if you want to go to Twentynine Palms Military base and shoot your AR50 out to a 1000 yards
Having never shooting it past 100 yards to break in the barrel.
After about 5 shots I was on the Target and at fifteen shots I close to center my friend was not to good and after he sighted his rifle in his son was spot on.
The Officer that shot the AR15 told us at the end of the day that he would not be to afraid of my friend and myself but he would not want his son shooting at him.

We all got a good laugh out of it.

I invited another shooter he had an EDM 50BMG with a Leupold scope on it. Blew the scope up on the first shot.
at the end of the day I fired 3 rounds out of it and told him he could have it hurt me to much to care to ever shoot another one again.
My girl friend can shoot my AR50 all day and she is pretty much a Girly Girl when it comes to recoil.

Our Military guys deserve a lot more than they get. As bad as we were at first they all still gave us non military guys full respect.
Shook our hands at the end of the day and invited us back.

Last edited by funshooter; 06/26/17.