Originally Posted by westside_benny
Originally Posted by rondrews
I wonder how long it's going to be until someone claims a kill at 3 miles. I cannot in my mind see a Sniper popping someone off at over two miles. Put an Orange colored ball on the shoulder of a long road, walk two miles away and see if you can see it. Now, you say there are Optics involved. Most Certainly. But the Bullet Drop Compensation would have made it impossible to get a target into view at that distance. It would be in feet, not inches. A .50 cal. Bullet is so heavy that it would have hit the ground long before that distance. Certainly not possible to maintain a ten second flight time. So, as the story get's around, people say, "WOW", or "Isn't that something?". I say BS

So are you saying for the 3 mile shot it will require a lighter bullet? Kinda makes sense because of how fast heavy stuff drops compared to light stuff. I'm guessing when shooters get hip to this you'll start seeing more and more at the matches developing loads with 100 grain bullets instead of the 140's, especially as you get out past 600 yds.

I shot a can of beef stew off a stump at over a mile once. True story.

The snipers need to put the 50's on the shelf and go to a proven lighter bullet like in the 270 Win.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...