Just a quick update, I installed and bore-sighted my scope (an SWFA SS 10x42) on the Browning X-Bolt 300 Win Mag with the new Boyds classic stock installed by Steve Baldwin a gunsmith in Jones, OK. He did an incredible job bedding the action and fully floating the barrel. While Steve Baldwin is well know for his custom Baldwin Soul sights for Sharps and other rifles from the period, he is a great gunsmith as well. I am so pleased with his work!

Hunterapp, I had hoped to use my "new" rifle on a SD Rosebud Sioux reservation deer hunt this year but, sadly, my hunting buddy and I just found out earlier this week that were not successful. We have hunted this area (Big White and Little White river area near Murdo, SD) five times now and we have grown to really like the reservation hunts in this area. We have a great Sioux guide who has become a friend over the years and may still try for a SD elk cow hunt (left-over, tags). If not successful, looks like it will be another 2nd or 3rd season elk hunt in CO. We have also hunted CO for several years but, love hunting the Rosebud Sioux reservation area of SD.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.