It has a flat bottom. The edges aren't sharp though. For lack of a better description, they are like the edges of a 2x4. The edges are smoothed and rounded.

I only handled it briefly. The rifle sits well on my knee and would do okay on a rest. It is 1 inch wide at the tip - the barrel end. It is 1 3/8ths wide near the mag. It is heavier than the OEM plastic, but that's to be expected. I'm guessing, but the rifle, scoped, weighs 7.5 to 8 lb. The forestock will not move if you use a bipod. Like any stock, you will either love it or hate it. So far, I like it. This particular rifle is a 243.

I will shoot it, unbedded, and if it performs, I will get another for an Axis rebuild that I am doing. I often use cut pieces of pop can as shims to level the action inside a stock. The Finns and a few other countries used to shim with brass when wood was the only stock material. Shims work well with laminated stocks.

Of course, the big selling point is the ability to change the LOP and cheek height. That's a nice feature. It will adjust correctly for most, but not all shooters.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]