Originally Posted by Biggs300
I want to give a quick plug to Boyd's for their customer service and prompt delivery. I recently pulled my Browning X-Bolt Stainless Stalker from the safe to change the scope and found that the Dura-touch finish on the stock had deteriorated into a stick mess. Not wanting to spend a lot of money on the rifle, I ordered a classic design Boyds and had them do checkering and install a Limbsaver recoil pad. I ordered the stock on June 6th, it was built on June 7th (according to date stamp in the forearm) and on my doorstep on June 10th. The stock looks great. I took it to my gunsmith for a bedding job and he also commented on it's overall appearance and said that the inletting looked good and straight, but would know more when he starts the bedding process. Based on my experience, I may pick up another Boyds to replace a rifle with a composite stock that I've never liked.

I have had generally good luck with Boyd's, but the idiots they employ for returns are beyond stupid. I bought a Marlin butt stock and it came drilled with 1/4" hole for the attach bolt, which is a tapered bolt to enable snugging up the stock to the tang. Despite sending photographs, detailed descriptions, and two replacement stocks, Boyd's failed miserably. I ended up with a new stock (drilled improperly) and a refund, simply because even the supervisor could not understand mechanical advantage.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23