It's probably marketing. Look at how many products are marketed as "tactical", painted OD green or grey, or are capable of attachments like flashlights and lasers.

I just took that thing off and put it in my spare parts drawer. You know when you go to a gun show and there are always one or two guys that have cardboard boxes full of odds and ends? That's where mine will end up. Lots of people rummaging through the boxes looking for something that they might need. Most of the parts aren't recognizable, but sometimes you find a treasure.

I took the AT-One stocked rifle to the range and put a few rounds downrange. It performed about the same as the OEM stock, but fits better and is heavier. It's a 243, so recoil wasn't an issue, but the heft and flat bottom made it easier to control on the bag. I tried a few shots from the sitting position, with the stock resting on my knee. With the flat bottom, it is much more stable than traditional rounded stocks.

As a result of that, I ordered another for a walking 6x45mm bolt. It will be finished in applejack.

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]