[Linked Image]

I got a second AT-ONE stock for my soon to be 6x45mm stalking rifle. I had to perform a very minor alignment to a plastic spacer when installing the stock. This is the Savage Axis version.

There is a plastic spacer that comes with the stock. The front stock screw passes through it. This spacer has to be kept straight when torquing the front screw. The reason is, the magazine release sits in a recess in the spacer. If the spacer is not square, the magazine release doesn't like to release or lock in. Because the plastic spacer turned slightly with the screw as it was tightened, I used my knife blade to stop it from turning as I torqued the screw.

[Linked Image]

On this stock, unlike the first, they attached a sticker recommending 35 in/lb of torque on the screws.

Other than the magazine release and spacer alignment, it was a 5 minute job. I put a bipod on it and checked the foreend for flex. There was none. The barrel is completely free floated. How it groups is another question, but I'm not concerned. There are no reports of these stocks making rifles shoot worse, and the barrel is being replaced anyway.

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]