Thanks guys.
smile

K22, it's Bastogne actually.

I hope to make a lot of meat for our freezer with this rifle in the coming years. It's one of the guns I had wanted for 3 decades. Now I am just going to build my own guns that I have put off for the last 30+ years. Not all at once, but over the next 2-3 years.

A 9.3X62 Mauser in British fashion, a Lee "Speed" in 303, and a 28 cal flintlock squirrel rifle are all on the list. When they are done I may go into another long period of time in which I make no guns for myself.

I have wanted these for many years and when they are done I can't really think of anything else that give me any motivation to make. (for myself)

After these are done I expect ALL the guns I make will be for customers and friends from then on. We'll see......

Up until last year, I had not made a gun for myself since 1994, (my 62 cal flintlock) and the last two I made for myself before that one was 1988 (a 338-06 Mauser and a 416 Taylor Mauser).

It's been said "the cobbler's kids seem to get their shoes last". Seems like gunsmiths fall into that trap too. My wife talked some sense into me at Thanksgiving time in 2015. So now I am doing a few of my own now and then.

Last edited by szihn; 07/25/17.