Joe if I can get them to line up I may be able to kill 2 with one bullet.
smile

I have a Vortex Strike Eagle 1X-6X with a straight 30MM tube so there is no objective bell. I am waiting on my 30MM rings to show up UPS. I should have them in the coming week.
6X is probably more than I'll ever need for this rifle, and I will leave the scope set on 2X or 3X most of the time when hunting. I may crank it up now and then for antelope. These scopes have good brightness and exceptional fields of view which can be very helpful in dark timber, but also appreciated on the open prairie. Thinking back over the last 24 years or so, I don't think I have killed any antelope with any gun with a scope of over 6 power (or set over 6X) and most have been killed with 4X. In fact, about 1/3 of them have been shot with guns with iron sights only, 3 of which were revolvers, one in 357, one in 44 and one in 45.

I believe MOST hunters today handicap themselves by being "over-scoped". If they were to down-size more I think they would be better able to make kills with greater ease.

I did a demo about 9 years ago at a police "sniper shoot" where I took a 19" barreled 30-06 make on a Mauser and scoped with a 2X Burris Scout Scope and shot it over the course of fire from 30 yards to 600 yards. At the end of the course I didn't win, but I was in 3rd place, with 42 men competing.

I didn't expect to win, but I did expect to show how equipment is not the panacea it's thought to be. I did attain my goal, and I got the attention of many other shooters at that event.

My stalks were a lot easier for me than for any other man there because all of them had longer heavier and bulkier rifles which are a LOT harder to stay hidden with.

So it is with hunting in the real world, despite what the magazine articles will try to get us to believe. The #1 goal of the magazine publishers is to get you to buy products from their advertisers. Not all authors are totally sold out, but I think I am safe to say all publishing companies are sold out to that goal. They have to be, or they will loose the advertising dollars which are far more important to them that magazine sales.
Can you imagine an article that said "I tested this XYZ and ABC scope (or widgit, or gizmo, or do-hickey ) and it is pretty much worthless. Well made, but has no real-world application. It's a perfect answer to a non existent problem!
How long would that publisher be in business? How long would that author keep his job?

But it's not often about what new goodie you buy.
It's always 98% the skill of the hunter and 2% what he uses. Hunting skills trump shooting skills in most cases------ by far.