Late to this party, but better late....

Any who have seen a cracker jack pointer do their thing will quickly realize a Pointing Lab falls short of the real thing. Now I've seen some so called Pointers that were damn good flushers. The fault-and it was-was the owners.

Best Springer I had was a hard flusher. Litter mate won the Springer National Championship. That Dog lived to catch and kill. He was born with the right blood and at the right time. He had Birds upon end to play and learn from. He trained himself, I just let him hunt and finally the the trilogy of Dog, Bird, Gun clicked and then it was game on. We could have arrived together sooner, but at the time I didn't know better. Funny thing happened around the age of 11. If I was out of place, or a little too far back for shooting, he would point and it was intense and he was serious about it. I would walk up and say "Get em" and in he went. Smart boy he was.

Groundhogs may have been his favorite game. He went underground more than once to get them. laugh Not sure exactly what I had, but I doubt I will ever have his equal.

You were a great Bird Dog Duffy. I'd have bet money on you every time and would have lost few.

Addition: Those who want a pointing Lab should get one. However, know going in that if it is hunting with the real deal, it will be sucking hind tit all day long.

Last edited by battue; 07/27/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler