I have a question for the China haters........have any of you actually been there and seen the factories, met the people and worked with them regarding quality? Now don't get me wrong, I love the USA work force, and the quality that we word capable of, but It is quite possible to get very high quality products from a number of countries. It is also possible to get very poor quality from the USA and every other country in the world. Responsipal world wide companies will only purchase from non sweatshop types of factories.
How many on the fire use and or owne a I Phone.......pretty good quality.....China built. Lots of other examples are out there. As consumers we expect many items at reasonable prices, and when manufactures standard cost products, the labor component is always one of the highest cost line items regardless of where it is built. I'm am not a China lover, but they are capable of producing very high quality at lower standard cost. The average worker in a decent Chinese factory makes somewhere in the range of 500-700 per MONTH in compensation.
Don't misunderstand me on this..... I believe in general that the USA is very capable of producing tremendous quality, and that USA workers are some of the best availible. Manufactires that are based in the USA are faced with a ton of hoops to crawl through and added costs verses many other locations. It is not just about wanting to make more profit.....that certainly is one aspect. As many understand we have legestrated higher costs. And we all purchase many items daily that come from non USA sources. Think back a few years..... I can remember when Made in Japan had the same negative perception as made in China does for dome. Just my 2 cents worth.