Originally Posted by Gatogrizz27
IMO, the problem is not the product being manufactured in China, but that they often move production to China to lower costs after they have established a decent reputation. China can produce quality items, but when companies are trying to cut costs, they generally reduce their standards.

My Sig Kilo 2000 rangefinder was made in China, but it has been made their since the beginning and built its reputation on it. I'd prefer it to be made in the US or Europe, but I have faith in its quality based on the research I've done.

LaCrosse and Xtratuf boots used to be made here, but since moving production to China, they've turned into garbage. There are ton so of reviews on their own websites stating that the new boots have failed in less than a year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Vortex changing their "no questions asked" warranty by this time next year either.

I see it as more of a way to keep their no questions asked warranty. It's not hard to keep such a warranty if your profit margin allows you to replace an item 5 times and still make a profit.

I've already heard several stories with junk replaced with more junk. I would rather just buy a quality piece one time. Several other scope manufacturers have just as good a warranty as Vortex as long as you aren't purposely destroying stuff,which no one should be doing anyway.