I like the Vortex stuff I have and have used. I have had to send some stuff back for repair I won't deny that. But atleast I know if my Vortex stuff breaks or if I break it, I can send it back and get it fixed. I haven't looked at Leupold or Nikon or any other brands in a long time besides Burris, but last time I looked, if they broke, I would have to fix em on my dime whether my fault or theirs. For me a warranty is gold. I don't have the income to replace my gear due to accidents or no fault of my own. So I now buy based on warranty as long as what I am purchasing works well for my eyes and is quality I can afford and not crap. Vortex to me so far has treated me well. I'll keep using them until their quality and or warranty goes to complete crap. An believe me I have been blessed to use the big three, Minox and various other optic brands. So I tend to buy what my eyes like and what I have experienced first hand, not what some 'pro" suggests is what I need.
I hope the truth comes out soon on this topic. I'd be interested to know. Altho I'll still be a Vortex purchaser but have been leaning a lot toward Burris. No need for new stuff yet tho.

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1