I've owned both and "to me" the 35 WAI was more equal to the 9.3x62 than the standard Whelen, but hey, I was loading it way hot too, come to find out. The 24" bbl 35 Whelen and newer powders really step it up into Ackley speeds ( but with normal pressure too) I've owned 3 9.3x62s, the first was a rebarreld Mod 70 FWT Classic and it shot well, but I didn't feel I had the range of my 35 WAI, at that time. I then bought my Marine SIL a CZ FS (he is of German descent) as a Welcome Home present after his 2nd tour in the sandbox. I shot it some before he got home. I later bought a beautiful Mod 77 African in 9.3x62, had it tricked out with bedding/trigger work, etc. Now here is what got me "puckered up"...I had misfires with factory ammo in both the CZ and the Mod 77! I "never" had a misfire with 35 Whelen factory loads and for sure, not with them Ackleyed. Since I had some factory ammo also misfire in a custom .404 Jeffry years before, I got "spooked" about the tiny/rounded shoulder on the 9.3x62 cases, as some are about the Whelen! ha My first 9.3 had a Lothar Walther barrel with a carefully cut chamber, so I chalked it up to factory chambers and factory ammo. I was in no mood to "fireform" each 9.3 cases as I was already doing that with the 35 WAI, so off went the African and the CZ is not my problem. But hey, I "love the idea" of the 9.3x62 and IF I ever have another it too will be a custom and I would use the 250gr for the range I wanted along with the 320 in the woods. That's just me. I used the 310 Woodleigh in that 35 WAI at 2400 (according to QL I was running about 70K!) I had "zero" what we looneys call "pressure signs" either, not with any of my 200x/250x/250PT loads, but they were going 72k!) I used those loads for 20yrs, and I consider myself "blissfully ignorant" and Blessed I had no blow ups or bulged chamber issues! ha I had that rifle converted/rebarreled to 358NM to get those same speeds "safely", then had to turn around a sell it...Obamacare. Now that I have a nostril above water, at least every now and then, I scratched my "Medium Bore" itch with another 338WM. If it ever needs a new barrel, it will be a 358NM too! So good luck, both are great rounds...