The MRC 1999 is available in stainless, has the claw extractor (CRF), 70-style open trigger, 3-pos. 70-style safety, gas flange on the bolt shroud, c-collar like a 98, and one piece bolt (no handle to fall off). I'm not sure how robust the bolt stop design is, however.

I like the 77/Hawkeyes, and in theory the ringmounts seem bombproof. I believe the claw extractors are now MIM, and recall some stating failures. I don't like the safety as well as the 70 style, but that is just me.

There are reports of newer Win 70 rifles with bolt handles coming off. I think Brian Pearce has written about it, and D'Arcy Echols pins the handles. Of course, there is no c-collar, nor gas flange on the bolt shroud. The little gas baffle that clips to the bolt body doesn't seem effective, based on the reports I've heard.

I'm sure there are more details that I'm missing.

As much as I like these types of discussions, I bet metal corrosion and scope/ring/mount issues are bigger problems but I don't have any experience making a living with a bolt action in the cold and wet smile