my 2 cents worth: whose recommendations you get and trust are most important. I wouldn't put much worth on the guy who says "this is what works good for me." we all have our favorite actions, scope models, mounts, loads, etc, etc. etc. etc. Next, I'd disregard almost all of what any gun writer says. Very, very few of them have ever spent that much time in the outback of alaska and canada and when they do, they're "field testing" some new gun, scope, etc. There are precious few guides and outfitters in those areas that really know that much about gun design and what works year in and year out. There may be more, but II know only one personally, and that is Phil Shoemaker who posts on this forum from time to time. My son guides for him but surely is not a gun guy either. One of Phil's other guides IS a gun guy with tons of experience in what works and doesn't when it comes to equipment in the out-back. Its interesting talking to him about this stuff. He will tell you that little things like trigger designs can make or break your hunt in tough conditions because he's seen it. I would caution paying much attention to guys who say "I'm been to Alaska x times and my stuff worked great." I've hunted Alaska several times but would never consider myself all that knowledgeable on it. The one thing I would tell you that I'm very certain of when it comes to equipment is "keep it as simple as possible." Simple trigger designs, scopes (as in fixed powers) and gun designs that have proven themselves reliable over decades of hard use: way more important than accuracy.