First off, the only one of those I was ever around struck me as flea market junk at best. The guys using it weren't capable of getting off a 10 round burst without a jam or some other malfunction out of the AK variant they had it on. Might've been the gun, ammo, or nuts behind the but, but I was unimpressed (another reason I have a lot of issues with the current "facts" coming out of Vegas). I personally didn't fire it, I was to busy fondling a custom flintlock (I know, irony, right?) at the time.

I do wish someone on here with some experience would educate me on their proper use, and merits, if any besides trying to fling a lot of cheap ammo while constantly clearing jams.
I have fired an AR with a binary trigger and thought it was pretty cool. It would go through 30 rounds before quick and the guy that owned it could run pretty dang fast.
As it is, my AR with a Geissele SD-E will bring all the rain I can manage to point in one general direction.

All that said, while I think bumpfires are crap, we DO NOT NEED to give the Dems and inch. Our weak kneed R senators, however, will give them this one, and (as much as I am still glad I voted for him), I'd be surprised if Trump didn't sign it. I DON'T THINK it'll ever pass the house.

In the end, if it did look like a bumpfire ban would pass both houses and get signed, I see little point in giving anything away for free............