I could personally (from a usefulness standpoint) give zero chits if bump stocks go extinct. Would I shoot one? Damn sure, if someone else is paying for ammo, and that monstrosity wasn't attached to my AR. Looks like a silly good time, no doubt. But for practical self defense purposes? I see it of zero use. Great way to make it about impossible to use your firearm effectively if you are wounded in one arm or the other for instance. Any possible benefit is so far outweighed by the possibility of jams, inability to use due to the operating method of this thing, etc, that it would be silly to consider it. Seems for every video you see of this contraption operating as advertised, along with 100 round staggered or drum mags, there are two or more showing this thing jamming up.

I see two groups interested in this thing. One is the guys who want to go out, blow through a lot of ammo, and have a silly good time doing so. The other is the survivalist, world is ending, tacticool 300 pounder who needs a suppressive fire capability for getting ready to take the 82nd and 101'st.

As my old man used to say...."I don't need a full auto. If it comes to the day I do, things have gone very bad, and I'll use that scoped rifle to pick off the guy intent on doing me harm that has one, and use his".

Should that day ever come, full autos (and any other number of items) won't be too hard to come by on the battlefield.

I think it's a novelty. One that under the right (or wrong) circumstances can be used to bring about a good deal of harm by twisted phugs. But I don't want our side just caving on this. Make them fight for it. They'll win on this one, but make them fight for it. Giving the gun grabbers anything never works. Fight for every inch, because after they've gained a foot or two, the AR's, Minis, and 740's are gone, they'll be coming for the "sniper rifles". "Who needs to be able to shoot out to a half mile to hunt or for self defense?!!! These guns are used by snipers on our battlefields, and have no place in the hands of common civilians!" Someone intent on evil and who uses a firearm will always find a way. And the gun grabbers will always find a way to exploit the tools and the dead to further their agenda towards their end goal....total confiscation. "Mr. and Mrs. America...turn them all in".

Last edited by DaveR; 10/05/17.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.