Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Such as national reciprocity for CCW and a more lenient "can/suppressor" process? It might be something to consider.............

I would say "no". I think we need to insist on rephrasing the discussion. As it stands now, we're faced with "when did you stop beating your wife?" Y' can't even join the discussion right now without de facto accepting guilt. [bleep] that. I'm not automatically opposed to considering "doing something" but it has to be something that provides results, not just a "feel good" thing to placate irrational / knee-jerk reactions, and IMHO it has to not violate the 2nd and 4th amendments. We need to drag the discussion around to where the history of the outcome of gun control is accepted first, then talk about what to do with the very real problem we face. There have been two good articles posted here in the past couple days, one about the lack of impact of gun control on mass killings in the UK and Australia, another about prediction of increase in violence in the US ... and WHY. We need to look at the why. It's a hard question. It's easier to point fingers and demonize people. Maybe that's all our 30 second attention spans will handle now. If so we're [bleep] because the questions we face are hard and getting harder while our ability to contemplate intelligently them atrophies.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...