Originally Posted by azrancher
There is a lot of the Border that only has a barbed wire fence and NO road access. A wall is only a tool but a very good one IF YOU PUT BOOTS ON THE GROUND WATCHING IT.
One of my ranching friends has 10.5 miles of Border with Mexico. DHS has spent 42 million on infrastructure on his ranch. Ground sensors, permanent camera towers, mobile radar units and fencing. In the the last 5 years 42 trucks have cut down the 13’ fence and driven the three miles to the highway, unloaded their dope and returned to Mexico. All in broad daylight. Twice they even welded the wall back in place.
Lately the Cartels have stopped all people traffic. If you want out of Mexico you pay or pack dope.
The new Joint Field Commander for the Tucson sector recently had a press conference in which he stated that he would be detailing a lot more agents to the actual Border. Yahoo. We have been begging for this for close to 30 years. If they would have listened then every town in America wouldn’t be a Border town today.
Enjoyed lots of the comments and will get off my soapbox now.

Fred

A wall is fine and dandy and I fully support building one...BUT...a huge number of "ILLEGALS" enter this country LEGALLY then decide to stay...these sanctuary cities (and now my state mad) are passing legislation that allows these people to stay.....without federal laws with teeth that would prevent them from gaining employment and/or housing ANYWHERE within the borders of the USA and our territories, the "ILLEGAL" immigrant issue is gonna persist....