Originally Posted by GonHuntin
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Gonehuntin,

Wondering what real time experience you have with perimeter design and function. The fuggin' NVA had that chitt back in the day and it was a rare day (or night) they prevailed. I did not exclude application of thought and a bit of tech savvy from the discussion, or tactics. If perhaps you were thinking wood structures, well shame on you. By the way, you have any idea how cheap and easy it is to defeat shape charge projectiles like the RPG? Old tech that.

But if you want to wuss out and say it's silly, don't apply for a tag.

OK, but the NVA weren't just dealing with 2 guys in a guard tower with deer rifles were they??

If you think a couple of good old boys with deer rifles, sitting in a tower on a wall, can stand against a bunch of Mexican cartel soldiers equipped with RPGs, 50 cals, explosives and armored vehicles......you are delusional.

Now, if you are talking a couple of well trained guys with heavy weapons and military support......ok, I'll buy that......but it's still a silly discussion about something that would never happen.....

Good ol' boys with with deer rifles are your words, not mine, though I will admit some of the GoBs I know are fair savvy about deer rifles and longish shots.

Fairly obvious to me you have gulped the Hollywood tea on this chitt, hope it leaves no aftertaste. You cower behind misguided lore and submit to dogma w/o experience with any of it best I can figure. Tell me, how many grunts you think we had in perimeter bunkers in Nam and how many were lost to RPGs, armored vehicles, and (OMG!) explosives. -Hint- It wasn't that many, not even thru the entire course of the war. .50 cal guns are not anything special and no particular threat to defensive positions. Myth loses to reality every time.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain