Originally Posted by GonHuntin
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Gonehuntin,

Wondering what real time experience you have with perimeter design and function. The fuggin' NVA had that chitt back in the day and it was a rare day (or night) they prevailed. I did not exclude application of thought and a bit of tech savvy from the discussion, or tactics. If perhaps you were thinking wood structures, well shame on you. By the way, you have any idea how cheap and easy it is to defeat shape charge projectiles like the RPG? Old tech that.

But if you want to wuss out and say it's silly, don't apply for a tag.

OK, but the NVA weren't just dealing with 2 guys in a guard tower with deer rifles were they??

If you think a couple of good old boys with deer rifles, sitting in a tower on a wall, can stand against a bunch of Mexican cartel soldiers equipped with RPGs, 50 cals, explosives and armored vehicles......you are delusional.

Now, if you are talking a couple of well trained guys with heavy weapons and military support......ok, I'll buy that......but it's still a silly discussion about something that would never happen.....

I believe you're missing the point. The cartels don't pull that kind of crap on this side of the US border with that heavy weaponry en masse. It'd be suicide as after one or two skirmishes, the US .gov would HAVE to do something about it as the optics would be terrible when you have cartels operating with that heavy weaponry on US territory. There's a reason the drugs are snuck into the US, and the cartels don't run semis with APCs guarding the semis.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"