http://www.newsminer.com/news/alask...1c754f8-b353-11e2-ab6c-0019bb30f31a.html

Check out this vid clip in that feature. Then consider that one of these troopers had a 70 year-old woman arrested, sight unseen, by an untrained local village 'police officer', a woman who had never had any previous interaction with the law. And then this old woman, two stents in her heart, a metal rod in her back, was held in a very questionable holding 'cell' for nearly 24 hours before she was heard in 'court' telephonically. All because she tried to remove a family member who had become unruly from her home.

Then the same dude...er, trooper, came and arrested our daughter for failure to address a warrant she had paid in full 4 months previously, and hauled her to Nome where she was held long enough (overnight) for the judge to say, "Why is she here? Release her!"

AST has a hard time recruiting, but they're also very reluctant to clean house.

We had several structure entered and/or broken into this summer, guns stolen, arson.....$20,000 loss at a minimum........I politely refused Branch's services so that someone whom I could trust would have a look. And I never saw any trooper all summer.

AST is generally a good organization - or at least that's what I try to tell myself. But they are also their own worst enemy.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.