Originally Posted by 458Win
[quote=Steelhead]I've never had a good experience with any brown shirt I've encountered.[/quote

You have either not met many -- or there are other stories you are leaving out .
I get to meet a lot in my line of work and like any profession there are always a few who abuse their power but the majority are professional and a good many of them are dedicated and exceptional humans.

1. Buddy's boat breaks down. Calls us on radio. An hour later we get to him, attach a line and start towing him back to the dock. He's in a 16' skiff, we are in a 17' Whaler. Going at a slow bell. Troopers come hauling ass around the corner in their boat. Pull up and say 'Are you guys hunting?" I say 'No, we are towing'. He then says 'Are you sure you aren't hunting'

I then say 'Look around, it's an open Whaler, center console, only me and the steering wheel'

He then says 'Is the guy in the boat you are towing hunting?' I then say 'No, he is being towed'. He says ok and hauls ass away. Never says 'do you need anything, any help, fu*k you, nothing.

2. Guy calls locals says he found traps and it's not trapping season. The next day some troopers arrive, along with a few game cops they flew down from Juneau. Guy shows them the traps he found and the troopers pull them.

They then contact the station (since we were the only ones out there) and ask about the traps. They say trapping season doesn't start until December 1st and I had the traps set on November 15th. I then asked them if the fact that they were #5's with 200 pounds of drag chain attached if that gave them a clue as to what kind of traps they were. I told them that trapping for wolf is legal starting on the 10th of November.

They huddle together, make a few phone calls and then say 'You are right, it is wolf trapping season' I then had them return all the traps to where they found them and to reset them.

That only cost the state a few plane tickets, a 40 mile round trip boat ride and the salaries for 5 guys for 2 days.

3. Going to boat headed to town. I have a rifle with me, in a case. Tropper shows up at dock and says 'I need to see your hunting license' I say I don't have one on me. He says he's going to have to ticket me for not have a license since it was bear season and I had a rifle. I told him it's always bear season (10 months of the year) and I'm allowed to have a rifle with me. I told him I had a rubber in my wallet too, but that I wasn't fugging. We went round a few more times before he said 'Get out of here'

4. Trooper pull crab traps we have set in inlet. Locate us again and proceed to read me the riot act about using game meat for crab traps. Says it's not legal and I will be cited. I say yes, game meat isn't allowed but its the hind quarter from a wolf, which isn't game meat. You can still make out the paw. He says they will send it in for testing. Some time later I get a call, yep it was wolf,so no problems.

I have several more if that will ease your mind

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"