Originally Posted by Tsavo
AST (blue shirt) RET, felt compelled to address some issues raised in this post, not as an apologist, but hopefully to shine some light on the subject:
(1) Alaska State Troopers is an entertainment television show, should be viewed as such.
(2) LEOs (although held to a higher standard) are in the end just human beings with all the same frailties and weaknesses. (3) Law enforcement (as my mentor COL Randy Crawford RIP would say) is the [bleep] business.
(4) AST are spread incredibly thin compared to LE anywhere in the world.
(5) Community policing (effective concept) is extremely difficult to execute in rural Alaska. Many occasions the only interaction the village has with LE is when the AST arrives to place a loved one into custody.

I have limited experience in Alaska Law Enforcement, majority of my career patrolling the road system, Some Bush experience: Prisoner Transport, Governors Security Detail, Joint Fugitive Task Force and Statewide Drug Enforcement Unit.

I am sorry, for all those who have a negative experience with a LEO, possibly on the worst day of both of your lives. I just have to stand up with the Blue Line.

Well said...