I have a cousin who lives in North Pole and was married to an AST. I don't remember much about him since it's been 30 years since I last spoke with him. She teaches in North Pole/Fairbanks and he lives in Healy but she says she sees him on her or his days off. So being divorced doesn't mean they don't stay in touch or spend time together. She implied because of the duties they had to spend a lot of time apart and when he got transferred she decided to stay in North pole because of her job and he settled in Healy. I also have a good friend who lives in Anchorage and his son-in-law is an AST. I understand he is currently an investigator for them.

It has got to be tough being an AST because of the remote duties and the long missions away from home. (like the military) I guess I can understand why they can get growly and difficult to get along with if you should happen to find yourself on their bad side. Plus, they (we) saw the same old issues every day. The same people doing the same stupid stuff their parents probably did and possibly their grand parents did, as well.

Yea, the young ones have to learn how to sort the wheat from the chaff and the older Troopers are tired of dealing with the same old same old. Doctors and lawyers get to "practice" their career choices for their whole lives but Troopers and LEO's have to know it all from day one until the day they retire and aren't allowed any mistakes along the way. How about giving the Troopers and the LEO's the same consideration that doctors and lawyers get ??

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.