Originally Posted by irfubar
I am on my second and probably my last RAR and find them hard to take seriously. Maybe a decent truck gun?

I've handled a few and really wanted to like the new ones in 7.62x39 (got alot of ammo sitting around from my days watching red dawn) and 450 Bushmaster (I like fat cartridges) but that action is a chunky tubed joke and the stock is even worse. I'm glad they shoot, and I'm glad they are a bridge to get people into the sport without having to drop a ton of money.

But I hate the fact that Ruger Americans, Savage Axis, and Winchester XPR's, Remington 783's and other crappy rifles designed to be sold for $300 with a Scope are the "latest and greatest" the big manufacturers can come up with.

I started with a free to me Savage 110 package rifle that a relative won in the early 90's at a $5 Ducks Unlimited raffle. It sat in a closet and had rust on the bluing when it was given to me Guys would be better off buying old rifles like that off the used rack of their local brick and mortars than the new press-fit plastic pop-guns.