Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I have two, and have had no issues. You can of course, buy a more expensive rifle. That more expensive rifle may, or may not be as accurate as the Ruger American.

I only have one. Mine is the 7.62 X 39 version. No problem with the mags feeding or loading them as mine uses the Mini- 30 mags.

And as to the problem of no bolt lock, I carry all my rifles slung muzzle down in my left shoulder so they don't scratch up the pistol that I ALWAYS wear on my right hip. And I don't chamber a round unless I'm about to shoot. And mine is surprisingly accurate even with the cheap Russian steel case ammo, too.
I wanted a beater rifle for the 4-Wheeler or UTV at the Ranch for hogs, and mine fits that niche perfectly. Next one I buy will be the 6.5 creedmore in the Predator Version.

the one I bought recently is the 7.62x39 version. I am very pleased with it. The other, in .308, was one of the very first ones. Less than MOS out of the box with a Redfield scope, and no issues at all. I paid less than $250 out the door for that on at Bass Pro in Birmingham.

Sam......