Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I keep looking at the RF Predator and the new Target. You know how it is: get a new scope and that means the old one needs a " ride". I'm really hoping they bring those two out in SS eventually, especially the Target.

I recently got one, down at Whittaker's, it's a .22 WMR, in stainless. It's not horrible, but not spectacular, either. It's a hunting tool, not a target rifle, and I have to keep reminding myself of that when I'm thinking about crapcanning the WMR. This is my second WMR, and while I'm trying to like it, it's not making me swoon, not even close. It's configured like the Predator, except it's in stainless.
I have a blued Predator, too, in .22LR, it shoots pretty well, and I'm pleased with it. I wish I was as pleased with the WMR, but I'm still trying to be fair and give it a chance. It's only made three trips to the range, and I'm still working at finding the best ammo for it.

BOTH rifles, and according to rimfirecentral, a lot of others, are having some extraction issues. You might want to wait a bit and see if Ruger can manage a fix for this. I know it's happening with at least three rifles (a buddy has two, one in .17HMR) and one of his two is experiencing the same extraction issues I am having. Reshaping the extractor hook seems to be a fix worth doing. Just a fair warning.

I've seen that about the extraction. Wonder if it's the chambers, since that style of extractor's been in use for what, 100 years? Of course, it may just be crap accumulated in the grooves in the bolt. That's caused me trouble with 77/22s and my 581. I'd think the Hummers would run pretty clean, though.

Not looking to buy anything, at least until I finish tweaking what I've got.

What fresh Hell is this?