I've carried a LW Commander as my primary CCW in one brand or another for most of the past 25 years. I started out with a original 1970's Series Colt LW in 45 acp, a 1960 year of mfd Colt in 38 super LWC, and several different Kimber Commanders, and a couple of Springfields and Les Baers.

That being said, I probably only carry a LWC 1911 60 % of the time nowadays. When I'm working at the Ranch or running errands in town, carrying a 1911, and a BUG of some type, I feel pretty well healed. As of late, I've been packing a brand new Kimber Custom Carry Model full size 1911 in .45 with a lightweight alloy frame. I find I can conceal it just as well as any of my Commanders, and the extra barrel length is easier for me to shoot. It's got night sights and a set of Crimson Trace Laser grips. And I love it.
When it's light jacket weather here in TX, it rides in a Galco Concealable OWB holster or a Galco Miami Classic Shoulder holster. Both work great for CC with a jacket or a vest. And for carry loads, I prefer the Speer Gold Dot 230 gr JHP.

The other 40 % of the time, I've gone back to carrying my old faithful Glock 32 in 357 sig, when traveling to the big cities like Houston, DFW, San Antonio, or Austin, due to the increased threat of a possible Muslim attack and all the BLM bullschitt.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/13/17.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~