As some of you know, I collect 1911's. Shoot all but a couple of them. I fell in love with the platform when I was even too young to buy them myself. Never got over it. Always had a savings account building to buy more. For a lot of years.

I carry full size around the farm mostly. But when I go in town I find myself grabbing the Commander size more and more.

Lately it has been the Wiley Clapp Lightweight Commander. Regardless what you may think about W.C., he, Colt and TALO came up with some really nice guns. I think their moto is "everything you need, nothing you don't". Not real fancy, but it means business. WC listened to people at all those shows and events he attended. I think they came up with a good pistol for not a lot of money.

I have been having trouble with my eyes in the last few years. The Novak front and rear sights on the WC work the best for me now for quick target acquisition.
Series 70, National Match barrel, standard small safety, true Colt Custom Shop build and the flat mainspring housing are things I like. Those Oval grips are the best out there for my hands. Nothing fancy, but it works. I bought mine when they first came out. Paid list price for it if I remember. You can find them new a lot cheaper now.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.