Been carrying a S&W M1911PD for about 15 years now.

[Linked Image]
Here's a photo I had on hand. That's a Milt Sparks VM II that I used to carry, but rarely carry it anymore. When carrying 1911's (Commander or Government), these days I carry in an HBE Leatherworks Com III, which although similar to the VM II, it doesn't have the steel reinforcement at the mouth of the holster (something I love on a range or field holster, but for an IWB just adds bulk), and the leather is much thinner, making the whole package just a bit more comfortable to carry.

What I love about the LW Commander is how easy it carries for a full sized handgun. Mine is .45 ACP, and I really prefer a .38 Super in a LW Commander. But at the time I bought my S&W, no one had a LWC in Super that I much liked. Colt's latest iteration of the LWC is available in 9mm and I REALLY like it. I have been considering buying it and just fitting a .38 Super barrel.

As for ammo, I don't sweat it much. I tent to buy 230 grain JHP’s from Winchester, Federal, Remington, Speer, or Hornady. All these guys have top shelf 230 JHP’s and there’s just no need to sweat which one to use; any of them from these makers will work very well.
When I’m carrying a Super, I most often carry the old 125gr Winchester Silvertip. Winchester has constantly updated that load to where it’s a very competent load…and you can even get it in 50 round boxes; which is nice.