Originally Posted by Gibby
Originally Posted by Wildcatter264
I have the Wilsons but don't use them. Only pistols I use buffers in are my Star PDs, part of the recoil spring design and meant to be a consumable item. But like LTC Cooper said, those original CCOs were meant to be carried much and shot little.

I think Cooper was talking about a true CCO. O as in officer (short magazine grip frame). He did not like 4" and shorter barrel guns either. But I see what your saying.

Modern forged aluminum frames by top manufactures are stronger than they were 40 years ago. Different modern alloys. Still not as strong as forged steel of course.

I shoot my lightweights along side of my standard commanders sometimes. There is a difference in point of aim using the same ammo. Those few extra ounces do make a difference. That's trying to keep all else the same.

I do like the Lightweights more and more as time goes by. I carry a lot more nowadays because of the way things are today. Three different ways, IWB, hip(strong and cross) and using a shoulder holster.

You covered it rather well.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first