Originally Posted by Gibby
Originally Posted by Wildcatter264
I have the Wilsons but don't use them. Only pistols I use buffers in are my Star PDs, part of the recoil spring design and meant to be a consumable item. But like LTC Cooper said, those original CCOs were meant to be carried much and shot little.

I think Cooper was talking about a true CCO. O as in officer (short magazine grip frame). He did not like 4" and shorter barrel guns either. But I see what your saying

Gibby, both Cooper and I were specifically referring to the Star PD. He characterized it as "being meant to be carried much and shot little." My observation was meant to point out that the original CCO, at least produced as a factory rather than a custom product - a Commander slide (or in the case of the PD, a 4" barrel and slide) - on an Officer's frame, was the Star PD.

I didn't intend to infer that other Commanders or CCOs, such as my EDC, Colt Wiley Clapp CCO 45 ACP, aren't intended to be shot much. I believe they are and I treat mine that way.

I treat the Ruger SR1911 9x23 differently only because I can practice mostly with 38 Super +P level loads, shoot a few full power 9x23, and carry the latter for SD. YMMV but that's my routine. We'll have to see how it works out after several 1000 rounds.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now