"bozos shoot up all the deer (or whatever) they want....that's what it would amount to."

C'mon, man, do you really believe that statement?

I'm generally a conformist, I guess it's the Army in me. But, I have a contrarian viewpoint on this topic.

Unfortunate things happen. Do I think it's fair some outfitter, or worse yet, some internet armchair hunter, to take some morally superior ethical high-ground and pull a hunter from what may be a once in a lifetime hunt? Absolutely not. Seems kind of pretentious to me.

Of course, like anytime you shoot at game, every effort should be made to find the animal. But the onus should be on the outfitter to find the shot game. If he cannot, I would presume that it was merely a grazing shot, of sorts, and allow the hunter another opportunity to fulfill what may be his/her dream hunt.

I also wouldn't hunt with an outfitter who financially "penalizes" a hunter for shooting a racked buck whose worth is valued below some man-made "score." It's your hunt. It's the outfitter's job to provide a service, i.e., to put you on game.

Here's the disclaimer, when I pull the trigger, [bleep] dies.