As a heads up to anyone considering the purchase of the Providence sight you should be made aware of this caveat. ( I understand more fully wiml76's question concerning the front sight usage now).

The overall installation and fitting is not a big issue. If you have the correct equipment. No biggie. The bit of a pickle is this note convienently stuck in one of the zip loc parts bags. Kinda an "oh,,,,, by the way,,,,

[Linked Image]

So your chances of being able to utilize your existing front sight are extremely slim. These sight aren't even sold with the 3/4" Marbles screw in aperture anymore. I suspect they leave that up to the customers wishes to install their own? Isuppose they are using up old stock of these higher aperture brackets. ????

Anyway bottom line is chances are you will have to fabricate your own old style front sight insert being that any old Such Lyman and Marbles type inserts are just not to be had ( unless you get real lucky and find some NOS somewhere). If you wanna to get it to shoot to point of aim at 100yds as they state. I can tell that I will need a higher sight, so I'll probably fabticate one. Appears the base on a Browning is approx .140" from the muzzle top radius. . So at least .445" blade or a bit more should bring it up high enough.

Good luck!

Last edited by kaywoodie; 03/03/18.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS