Humm.

Well, it's a remote for sure. Musta been handier for him than using the controls on the drive.
Sure added a lot of wire to the job though.
If you buy a new drive and want to keep the remote, you'll have a good bit more wire to land.

It's actually a nice set-up but for the life of me I don't know what he is using the Rino 24v power supply for thats installed beside the drive.. The drive is 24/10v dc controlled but it should create it's own dc control power. I'd love to see where he landed that red and white wire that disappears behind the cover on the drive.

Without the data info on the drive there is still some guessing.
If you were to take more pictures pop that top and bottom cover off the front of the drive so we can see the wire up. Open the remote box for a photo too so we can see the control wire up thats been done.

A 7 1/2 hp drive for a one hp motor isn't alway a good thing. I've had some that would not allow me to dial the max amps down low enough for suitable motor protection on a way smaller motor without going into fault.

We'll assume the motor is wired for 230v service since the drive is 230v but I always like to open the pecker head to check and make sure, but thats up to you.

Jerryv sounds like a pretty sharp guy, he said ANY VFD could run off single phase input. I've never done that. The de-rating he spoke of I took as you would have to de-rate the drive, if thats the case your in good shape with the 7 1/2hp drive.

It'd be worth waiting him out and giving it a try, not having any experience doing that I would be guessing at how to wire it up. but if it works you're home free.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?