Originally Posted by TheKid
The big drum switch is still on the machine too it has a wire that runs into the VFD box on it. But I feel like I will need to just turn it on and leave it, using the remote for the VFD as my on off switch, correct?

I was excited to get all the extras with the machine as I’ve never run a Bridgeport with any of this stuff on it but have had newer import machines with similar features. I’m hoping to get it figured out and get the learning curve on it pretty soon, sometimes all the technology drives me nuts.

Thats a nice setup Kid I am sure you will enjoy it. Keeping it variable speed will be nice with the step pulley. I can't tell but if the motor leads do run through the original For/Rev switch it is a good idea to leave it in one position as a lot of drives do not do well if the output power is opened. If so then yes use the remote switch.
I did notice that the drive manual does not recommend your model as single phase input...... Note* 28?

Only models GS2-10P2, GS2-10P5,
GS2-11P0, GS2-20P5, GS2-21P0,
GS2-22P0, and GS2-23P0 are rated for
1-phase input power

The 24 vdc may be going to the DRO????

Good luck with this and if you find you will be going with a different VFD let me know as I have a Clausing I could run this on....Dana

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~