Originally Posted by akasparky
Originally Posted by win7stw
I've used a 3 phase drive with a single phase input more that once with no issue. Here is a pretty good reference for derating.

http://www.dartcontrols.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/De-Rating-VFD-for-Single-Phase-Power.pdf

Great info, very helpful.

I've never been in the situation to need to consider this as an option.
Always been in industrial environments where 3 phase 480v is normal and every job spec'ed out to precise detail.

Quite impressed with the knowledge base on this topic here at the Fire...
That being said, I'm going to throw down with what I think he needs to do, anyone seeing error in my ways please chime in, I don't claim to know it all.

++++++++++++++++

First off, it appears your drive will be rated suitably for the job, lucky you this guy put a 7.5 hp drive in to run a 1 hp motor.
Your incoming power from your shops source is going to connect to the breaker in the top right hand corner of the box your drive is in.
The breaker is 3 pole for 3 phase application, you are just going to connect 2 wires to it. Connect them to L1 and L2.

On the bottom of that breaker there are five wires. Three red and two black.
Remove the red wire from T3 (the far right hand tap) and chase it to the drive and remove it from there also.
It "should be" connected to L3 on the drive when you go to remove it.

Now the smaller black wire that is currently connected to T3 on the Breaker needs to be moved to T1 on the Breaker. This is what he is powering the Rino 24v power supply with. I don't know what it does but it doesn't matter, just connect it .

Now you should have two red wires leaving the bottom of your breaker (T1 and T2) that connect to L1 and L2 on your drive and no wire in L3. The two small black wires also connected to T1 and T2 on your breaker that connect to the Rino 24v power supply.

If that's how it looks, you're ready to throw the switch and see what happens. I would remove the belt so you are just turning the motor and not the machine for the test run.....

Don't be too surprised if the drive goes into a fault. You might have to tweak a parameter or two due to the de-rating of the drive. I just don't want to get into that part if you don't have to. It should be good to go the way the guy was running it..

You have the manual with all the fault codes and parameter setting explained so it's no big deal if you have the need.

Oops you beat me to it....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~