Originally Posted by TheKid
Guys thanks for all the help. I’m going to see if I can get a friend to come over and see if we can get this thing going here soon. If he sees something wrong or it doesn’t power up like it should I will probably go ahead and put together a RPC since it would be nearly free since I got all the motors for free.

The two 3ph motors are Baldors my Grandad had as spares when he owned the grain elevator here in town. They’re brand new but he sold the elevator in 79 or 80 so they’ve been sitting a while. They don’t go bad, do they?

I agree with others that it is odd to have a 7.5hp unit on a 1 hp motor, but if it worked before, it should still work. Since it is so oversize, it should have no problem with single phase unless it is set up to detect a missing leg. I also am puzzled like others on the purpose of the 24VDC supply. Looking at the manual a little, it doesn't look like it should be needed for the VFD. Perhaps it is intended for something else. Without seeing the rest of the wiring, there is no way of telling. Pictures of the VFD with the top and bottom terminal covers off might help. It looks like the power comes in the top and goes to the motor from the bottom, but there are other inputs and outputs that also have terminals under the bottom cover.

One thing I would recommend is that you scroll through the parameters and write them down. If you should ever need to replace it or send it in for repair, you will need to reload them and it could save a lot of time and aggravation. BTDT.

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes