The kids are focusing on the guns, when it is a much bigger, multifaceted problem. The failures from the multiple government agencies that are there "to protect" showed epic failure in this instance. Yet they focus on the object.

The same mentality of letting the government protect you, and the government will protect me is exactly what caused this.

At least some of the lines in the manifest address this.

Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by oldtimer303

The Florida students and teachers had an opportunity to stop their shooting before it happened. Teachers, students and security all were aware of the severe problems the shooter had. Everyone from the ground up failed. Guess all are suffering from depression because of their inactivity. School security starts first with the students who have a moral responsibility to report other students who have issues. From their it goes all the way up to the FBI . Had the students publicly protested the inactivity of those in the line above them before the shooting it might have been avoided.

Its not the guns its a mental health issue that everyone turns their eyes away from. Death rate will be much greater when those inclined to kill find ways to take larger numbers as the Muslim terrorist are doing. Best to not hinder the citizens right to protect themselves as the government system is unable to do so.

Bottom line we all have a moral responsibility to report up before the fact not after. GW

Oh yeah. The hypocrisy is off the charts. And nobody questions the electing of that fugking MORON of a sheriff they have. Nobody demands he step down. They just rally behind some Eleven Looking wannabe.

Speaking of which, I'd love to see the result of my 16 year old, blond hair, blue eyed, 6'1, 185lb son standing in front of America in an olive drab jacket and a Confederate Battle Flag on his right sleeve advocating for state's rights. Or hell, even a Don't Tread on Me flag. I'm sure that'd go over great.

Yeah my 19yo 6'2" 220 lb son wearing his molon labe shirt and 16yo sophomore being able to mount a valid argument against the cupcakes would have their heads imploding.

Arcus Venator