We like SM - small munsterlanders - they are mellow in the house and do well on the hunt.

We have 4:

Evie - 8 years old...she is a good retriever and pointer, ok at ducks but not the greatest when compared to...
Sheila - 6 years old (7 in June)...she is the alpha dog, the best hunter used for quail, doves, and duck...she is a southern duck fiend - retrieving in bays and swamps, a link of her retrieving is in one of the threads below.
Heidi - 3 years old - a very good quail hunter. She is also a certified therapy dog and visits nursing homes and hospitals via the wife. Heidi really makes a difference for ill people who like to see a bird dog...
Liberty - 9 weeks old on Monday - she is Sheila's sister's puppy...so we got one while we could. She knows how to use the dog door and is looking really alphaesque in her play habits, she is roan so hopefully she favors duck hunting.

As I type, Evie is napping on the love seat, Liberty is snuggled beside me on the couch, Sheila is napping on the rung and Heidi i barking at something in the back yard...the come see what I'm barking at and play with me bark...