Originally Posted by BC30cal
Jeff;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope all is well with you folks.

While I'm cognizant I'm not in Alaska and we don't have coastal size trees here in the Okanagan, I have been cutting firewood for more than 3 decades in the mountains and in that time tried a few different saws.

For me, I don't really prefer a saw much heavier than a 70-75cc ends up being - they're a young, large man's saw in my view and certainly much trickier to use on steep terrain.

Speaking of terrain, in my experience that makes a huge difference on how long a bar can be before it gets a tad unwieldy. I've used 80cc plus saws with 36" bars and frankly wouldn't take one if it was given to me - well unless I could sell it immediately.

Anyway for me 28" is plenty of bar to control on steep wet conditions - again I'm neither a giant, nor a spring chicken - and I've been running a Husky 372 XPG since '05, so I do practice what I preach for saw size.

Good luck with your move and saw choices, etc whichever way you decide Jeff and all the best to you folks as we head into summer.

Dwayne

Dwayne
Jeff will not be dealing with coastal giants either! You probably see bigger trees than he will ever see in DJ.

But it is a bit rude relying on factors absent conjecture!
wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.