Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Jeff;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope all is well with you folks.

While I'm cognizant I'm not in Alaska and we don't have coastal size trees here in the Okanagan, I have been cutting firewood for more than 3 decades in the mountains and in that time tried a few different saws.

For me, .....

Dwayne

Dwayne
Jeff will not be dealing with coastal giants either! You probably see bigger trees than he will ever see in DJ.

But it is a bit rude relying on factors absent conjecture!
wink

Sitka Deer;
Good almost evening to you Art, I hope all is well with you and your fine family tonight.

One thing I neglected to mention is that I picked up an offshore electric 6½ ton splitter from Canadian Tire about 3 years ago and I absolutely love the thing. If it died tomorrow I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

Its one of those things that I really should have picked up years ago, but for a multitude of reasons didn't.

Anyway for a guy whose age is closer to 60 than 50, I still split the firewood up enough to load onto the pickup, but then chunk it up with the electric offshore when I get it back to the yard. It's sped up the curing process a whole lot and is much, much easier on the body than the 8lb maul and twist wedge.

Since we brought that up Art, I'm a big fan of the drop forged steel, twisted splitting wedge. Mine is made in France of all places - gotta be 25 years old though Art and I see Husqvarna have a similar one available. Some have aluminum ones and while they might work, I can't see them lasting 25 years like my steel one has - but I could be wrong there too.

All the best to you all as we head into summer Art.

Dwayne

Being a fair piece older than you, I can appreciate your points! I will have to look that splitter up, it sounds like a winner.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.