Originally Posted by Model70Guy
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Model70Guy
If a 291 fits into your life at all; a 261 CM will run circles around it while weighing considerably less. Catch one of the frequent dealer day sales and it won't cost much more. If you've a mind to, opening up the muffler will seriously wake it up as well. They are specced out with different chains in different countries, here the standard is a .325 23 RS. Mine cuts faster with a 63RS 3/8" Picco chain and bar in the spruce, pine, birch and poplar we cut.

For a bigger saw, consider the 441 CM.

I could be way off on this one; I'm still trying to wrap my brain around 24" trees that take 5 hours and 1 1/2 gallons of gas to cut up.

Not all 24" trees are the same size... Nor do they all come from the same kind of wood...

I do get that.

On the other hand, a perverse part of me remembers an old joke about a couple Texans.

A rancher was telling an old cowboy that he could jump into his truck at the house and drive half a day in any direction and still be on his own land.

The old puncher gave sad sigh; and said "Yep, I had a truck like that once too.........................." wink

Point accepted.

Laughing!

My son and I just chipped limbs and tops from a bunch of trees he cut out of his yard. We did a couple dump loads of chips... it always amazes me seeing what they will eat without a hiccup. No substitute for power.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.