living in Minnesota all my life and yes had to cut wood and hand split wood for heat to save money dad and grandpa told me ,try spittin elm its the nastiest wood a young lad can deal with. it could be 20 below zero and I would be down too a thin long sleeve shirt , levis,dirty old baseball hat and sweaty yellow gloves trying to get that dang old cut up elm tree split up by hand and still sweatin hard in the cold. oak or ash was a joy and easy compared too elm wood to split by hand. ya the video was fun to watch kinda but the wood they used was just a easy wood too split like a lot of pine type tree wood. thanks for the video but brings back some haunting memories of another hard day.when I had my own family weekends was a time to cut , spilt wood and yes stack wood, during the week l climb poles, sometimes trees for a living,in all weather conditions. so if your a young healthy guy stay in school study hard don`t be a tuff macho dude because by the time your 60 years of age your body will be beat up, get a softer inside job , maybe write a book ? Now back to the saw size most guys on this site can not handle a saw that has a 20 inch bar or bigger with saw that can handle that bar, no way not all day. in my younger years I did use a bigger saw with a 20 inch bar, because that`s all I could afford was one saw. now days give me a sharp 16 inch bar on a smaller saw for a half a day and that's all I can or want to handle !

Last edited by pete53; 06/18/18.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman