I just finished a 24 inch oak with the 18 inch bar. All was well. I had just sharpened the chain myself. The oak just died so it was "green". Amazingly I cut the complete tree with a 12 inch echo something, like you show basically, and the 291 and never changed chains on either saw, but did burn up about 1.5 gallons of fuel in the process. I was amazed the chain lasted that long, though the 2nd side cuts on the trunk I finally quit making chips and started heading towards dust and you could finally feel it... of course it didn't help that right before that the bar slipped out the bottom on one before I caugth it and threw up some grass.. we know what that means.... my fault.

Now you have me relaly thinking about another MS291 to go look and see how similar they are today as when I bought the last.

I've found that the 30 to 36 inch bar big saws to be a joy to run though when cutting logs so big in diameter that you had to make 2 cuts for sure and then probably a 3rd quite often... I am thinking won't run into anythign that big that I can't just walk away from in Delta.

Chains. I believe in having a good sharpening wheel. I believe in having plenty and changing as needed, rather than ragging the saw.

For Klik, Poulan is foul language and should be bleeped.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....