Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by MOGC
I don't care for the slingshot method to release the slide. Cost me time and control. Yondering, what issues does the slide release cause in your experience?

Mainly bumping it to lock the slide open when firing. Sure, that doesn't happen on a square range with the right grip, but if you train for and intend to use the pistol in times where you don't have the right grip, it can be an issue. Like I said, even if it's not an issue most of the time, it introduces a potential failure point that doesn't need to be there if you change what you do, instead of changing the gun. As some like to say, it's a mechanical solution to a software problem.

Learning to rack the slide after inserting a mag makes your reloads the same drill as malfunction clearing - tap rack. That's not a slingshot grip either, use an overhand grip. It's faster and stronger, and not difficult to learn with a little practice.

I have not used the Ghost forward extended version, but still don't see the need for a slide lock that sticks out if you're not playing race gun games.

Yondering, I examined 2 Gen3 G21's today. The Ghost Bullet Forward slide release does not stick out any further than what I was told was the stock Gen3 slide releases on those 2 guns. The Ghost version is, however, longer and gives me a better purchase from my index fmger on my left hand.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH