Well, you got lucky..because their sales person recommended WHAT YOU NEED rather than what the merely wanted to SELL you..

The HW30-S is a great choice.

The HW30-S is the Weihrauch model designation for the rifle they make for Beeman called the R-7 ..It 's the same gun..
The "S" means it has the match grade REKORD trigger design. Most folks who own one consider it about the best money you can spend on an airgun in terms of quality and utility for the $$ spent.

They develope about 600 fos in .177 which is equal to most Olympic match Air rifles.The firing behavior is smooth with little "buzz"..They don't tear up scopes. Any decent rimfire scope with good mounts will.work just fine.

The HW3O/Beeman.R-7.rifles. in .177 they are a peach. Mine is.my."back" door rifle..When the pellet us properly placed they will take game out to 30 yards up.to the size of skunks. My R-7 has killed a truck load of short range vermin around my place and is wonderfully safe and quiet for target shooting.

Mine will shoot Crosman 7.9 HPs into.less thsn jalf an inch at 25 yards..

Pyramid Air is Running a 4th of July special through tomorrow..11% off and free shipping..
That would put you in a.new HW30-S for $266.99 to your door. Plus you get a free steel knockdown "rat" field target... smile

If I were you, I would get off the fence and buy one pronto...

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Weihrauch_HW30S_Air_Rifle/2018/4099

Last edited by jk16; 07/04/18.