Originally Posted by n8dawg6
Originally Posted by DollarShort
If I were buying a Weihrauch I’d get the HW50s. And some day I probably will.

i have two of them: a .177 and a .22. accuracy is close to an R7, but definitely more twangy to shoot. they dont have a power level that im comfortable with for squirrel hunting, from experience. unless youre very, very close. much less finicky and/or demanding than an R1, though.

Yeah, you’re probably right.

I really like my cheap, plastic, lightweight .22 cal Crosman Nitro Piston. That thing is a real hammer. Much more powerful than the HW50S I’d guess, and about the same length and lighter weight too. And even with it’s light weight it doesn’t have an abundance of recoil. Twang is non existent. And I love the .22 pellets for their ease of use and downrange thump.
It’s not super accurate, but I may buy another barrel to try out on it. And the trigger isn’t good, which probably doesn’t help the accuracy. But I plan on putting a roller bearing in the trigger which from reports helps immensely.

The only problem with the .22 is it doesn’t shoot quite as flat as an equivalently powered .177, as the same power in .177 is a good bit faster. But .22 is so much easier to handle the pellets and the splat factor is no contest.

Last edited by DollarShort; 08/07/18.